The first Asia Nickel conference was launched successfully last year in Bali, with 120+ people in attendance. Since then, the nickel market continues to witness significant changes driven largely by a series of mineral policy developments in Indonesia.
The 2nd Asia Nickel conference will provide the latest regulatory updates from key Indonesian government representatives and evaluate implications for the Indonesian, as well as global nickel markets. In addition, opportunities in Philippines, New Caledonia, PNG and Australia etc. will be explored.
- Regulatory updates – ore export ban, divestment requirements, export tax, what next?
- Impact of changing policies on foreign investments
- Setting up Smelting plants in Indonesia – CAPEX, incentives , partnership opportunities and technology options
- How is regulation changing the criteria and requirements for financing nickel projects
- Coping with mineral export ban: The way out for Junior Miners
- Nickel supply and price implications in the aftermath of new regulation
- Comparative economics of nickel procurement from different source markets
- Long term supply strategies being adopted by Nickel buyers
Head of Fiscal Policy Office
Ministry of Finance, Indonesia
Chief Executive Officer
PT Jien Smelting Indonesia
Vice General Manager
SHANGHAI TSINGSHAN MINERAL CO., LTD
Jindal Stainless, Indonesia
International Stainless Steel Forum, Belgium